So I was lucky enough to catch the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight on Saturday night & I loved it. Boxing, fighting, MMA, wrestling all of it is so entertaining to me. Growing up I watched WWF and had a massive love of the show. Yeah I knew it was choreographed (I don’t blame them) but I loved the draw of the crowd. The hair, the outfits, the catch phrases, super aggressive yells, I can go on and on and on. Needless to say I like a good spectacle. And hey if you are wanting to put on a show I’ll watch it.
Since we were watching the fight at a friends house and they asked for a side dish, figured I would take something I’ve made before and make it just a little extra. You know to go with the drama. (Ooh Yeah!!!) So I whipped up these Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs and they turned out delicious. Better then a Slim Jim – Haha! Seems like everyone like them. Plus used the pepper from my garden. maybe my catch phrase should be Farm to Table Bitches!
Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 6 Eggs – Hard Boiled
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 3 Tbsp Jalapeno Mustard
- 3 Slices Bacon – Cooked and Crumbled
- 1 Jalapeno – Half of it diced finely & the other half sliced into half rounds
- 2 Tbsp Diced Onion
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Discard the cooked yolks into a bowl and put the whites on a dish to get ready to fill up with this deliciousness!
- Mix the yolks, mayo, mustard, bacon, diced jalapeno & onion together. Salt & Pepper to taste. Stir it up and spoon into your egg whites
- I like to put a dash of salt and pepper across the top once the whites have been filled. And for a garnish place the jalapeno half rounds on top.
If you don’t like things spicy feel free to cut out the seeds. If you want some heat leave them in.
I left in half of the seeds. Wasn’t sure how spicy the pepper from our garden was going to be. And so no one felt left out I also made a batch of regular ones along with my Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies Weekend Snack – Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies
I hope everyone got a bite. have any of you ever made a variation on a classic such as these? Please share below!
Follow me here, on Facebook as ModernWifeTale, on Twitter @modernwifetale, Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes and such.