Was today a total eclipse of your heart? Or maybe your stomach? Haha! Did you see it? At our work today I watched it via live streaming on the old computer. I didn’t have the glasses and I wasn’t fancy enough to make a cereal box view finder. But I feel we were all joined together and it was great seeing how people all over America responded to it. Very fun for a Monday.
As I write this we are still fighting thru the freezer of fish and frankly have been running out of ideas.
- Baked with garlic and butter – check
- BBQ with butter & garlic – check
- Pan fried with garlic, butter & lemon – check, check, check
So I’ve been trying to spruce it up to say the least. But I still love the garlic, butter & lemon taste of fish. Anytime I eat a different way I just go back to I really like it this one way. I figured if the fish wasn’t going to change (which it won’t) then I’m going to have to adapt. So here is my mix of what I like and some add-ons of yummy!
Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- 1 Salmon Fillet – Approx 1 lbs
- 1/3 c Panko Crumbs
- 1/3 c Parmesan – grated
- 1/3 c Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic – diced
- 1 Lemon – wedged
- 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cooking sheet with foil (easy clean up is key for cooking IMO). Put down the salmon fillet and squeeze a third of the wedged lemon on top along with a dusting of salt/pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter. Once melted add in the panko, Parmesan, garlic, a third of the wedged lemon, dill weed & a little more salt/pepper.
- Slather that on top of the salmon. Really get into is and spread it on (ok bonus points for whoever knows what movie that is from!!)
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Fish varies so much based on thickness so you need to keep an eye on flakiness to tell when it is done. And don’t forget to let is rest. Like all good meat it needs to absorb its juices and not go to waste.
Pair it with a delicious side. We are doing green beans and mashed potatoes – my favorite!!
Happy Fishing All!!
Follow me here, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for more funnies.