I have been looking for an appetizer that fits both the 21 Day Fix and something that is yummy. I don’t know why the first time I did the 21 Day Fix I didn’t see that ricotta is considered a protein. I have been missing out. What in the world???Mind blown!!!
I really like finger foods. And spinach and bacon and onion and garlic and peppers. Wham! Combine them and healthy appetizer. With a dallop of ricotta.
- 16-20 small peppers, cut off the tops & scrape out the seeds
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 2 T garlic, diced
- 3/4 cup ricotta, lowfat
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- Mrs Dash & Pepper To Taste
- Preheat the oven to 375. Sauté the onion until soft in half the coconut oil. Add the remaining oil, spinach & garlic. Sauté until soft.
- In another bowl mix up the ricotta, turkey bacon, spinach mixture with Mrs Dash & pepper. Stuff into the peppers. I use a small knife to push the mixture deep into the peppers. You could always cut the pepper in half and spoon onto. Whichever way you prefer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool just a bit and enjoy!
Now I ate 5 of them and it measured out to 1 Green & 1/2 Red. Sometimes I don’t always know the exacts but this works for me countwise
Follow me here, on Facebook or Twitter @modernwifetale