Oh layered salad, how I love your convenience. Let me count the ways. Well the layers I guess. Truly one of the easiest salads I have found from Pinterest. It’s all prep and minimal cooking (except bacon, which you could leave out but I wouldn’t, it’s too delicious!). Great for this heat wave we continue to keep having. I like that I can make a large batch and we will eat it for a day or two. Even my picky husband likes it which says a lot about it. You know, since it’s rabbit food.
Layered Salad Ingredients
- 4 cup Bag Lettuce, Spinach, Cole Slaw Mix – Don’t you love the variance -here
- 8 – 16oz Package of Diced Ham – It was on sale (and I had a coupon) so I grabbed it and threw it in
- 2 Cucumbers – Peeled & Diced
- 4 Stalks of Celery – Diced
- 4 Tomatoes – I used grape tomatoes from my garden so it came out to 3 cups
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs – Peeled & Sliced
- 1 Package of Bacon – Cooked & Diced
- 16 oz Frozen Peas – Thawed & Cooled
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese – Shredded
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 TBS Dill
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper (or to flavor)
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt (or to flavor)
Layer the salad as listed in the ingredient list excluding the dressing. To make the salad have more appeal, cone the lettuce in the middle and layer the toppings around the edge to show them off. Its all about the eye appeal!
Mix the mayo, sour cream and seasonings together and pour on top of the salad. You can add a bit of crumbled bacon on top just for looks. I sometimes add sliced green onion on top if its ready from the garden. Refrigerate for an hour and then serve.
It’s delicious the first day and the second. Right now we are roofing our house so I’m putting together meals that have two purposes just to save my sanity. Funny, I quit my job to stay at home and take care of a couple of things and I don’t think I have been as busy in my entire life. Go go go! Free Time = More Work.
Do you have any easy salads you enjoy? Comment below and let’s discuss.